Friday, March 13, 2015

MY BLUE DELPHINIUM

Blue flowers ascend and descend on a gracious green stalk, surrounded by even more blooms unopened.

Delphinium can reach 3 to 6 feet high and about 2 feet wide.  They bloom all summer and return the next year.

I bought four of these gorgeous plants--three blue and one purple.  This weekend, I'm going to plant all four alongside the west side of my house, the sunny side.  Hold up!  I must paint at least one.  I think I will place it on a chair outside.  Pray tell, will that make a good composition?

I've also a load of delphinium seed to plant as well as wildflower seeds and cultivars--hollyhocks, caladium, lavender, and the list goes on.

Have you grown delphinium before?  What colors?  How did it do?  What flowers would go well with it?  I was thinking fuschia-colored petunias or pale yellow flowers of some kind...or both.

No comments:

Post a Comment