Saturday, August 8, 2015

New Painting: FOX MOON

Fox Moon
Acrylic fingerpainting and palette knife
20 x 24
$900.00

I feel as if I've won the lottery!  I saw and was able to photograph a young grey fox in my yard about 90 minutes before sunset.  She was happily munching on weeds but was very wary.  She continued looking at our house.  The sweet little fox must have been thinking, "that thing is not natural."

Alas, the beautiful grey fox disappeared into the forest after just a few minutes.  But I will be looking in trees a little more diligently as the grey fox does climb.  I will be listening for her, too.

The moonscape is from my imagination.  As our yard in that area is purely sand and wild vegetation, I was inspired to paint a moonlit scene, to tell a nighttime story.

2 comments:

  1. I was delighted by this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lan. I am glad you like my little fox painting. Thank you so much for the feedback.

    ReplyDelete