Thursday, April 14, 2016

Second Place at the Savannah-Hilton Head Airport Show!


I am so elated! I won second place at the Savannah-Hilton Head Airport Art Show sponsored by the Savannah Art Association. I am thrilled that the prize money covered my nonrefundable jury fee paid to City Market in the Savannah historic/art district. The fee is not cheap. (I will find out whether I was approved in a few days, certainly by April 21, I believe, and will post on that when I know something. If approved, I will be showing in Gallery 11 beginning June 1st.)

There were 47 beautiful entries, all worthy of prizes and being shared with the world.

I appreciate all of the nice comments about my work. I enjoyed answering questions about my style. I will be happy to teach classes and workshops so that others may learn my finger painting technique.

Below is the winning painting and the Judge's Comment:

Bouquet Chardon Sauvage (Wild Thistle Bouquet)
18 x 24, acrylic fingerpainting on canvas

Judge's Comment
(Professor Schmidt, Armstrong State University)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate you taking the time to read my Blog and comment. You made my day.

    ReplyDelete